God’s Plan for a Man (Father Son Retreat) – DVD
The Father Son Retreat was designed by Kids Kount Publishing to help fathers talk to their sons about what it means to be a “Man of God.” The retreat includes time for games and large group and one-on-one discussions.
The Purpose of this retreat is to help fathers and their 5th or 6th grade sons discuss the topic of sex and what it means to be a man from the Biblical perspective.
The retreat is built around three “Bible Tells“
- A man of God is Courageous (David and Goliath)
- A man of God is Honorable (Joseph and Potiphar’s Wife)
- A man of God is Faithful to the end (Jesus Is Faithful)
After each “Legacy Point” dad’s will speak the following blessing over their son: I bless you to be a man of God; be courageous; be honorable; be faithful to the end.
DVD 1: Retreat Leaders
Message to Retreat Leaders
- The Big Picture
- Retreat Details
- Boys often list the games as their favorite part of the retreat. They’re a great way to begin the retreat, and after the panel discussion on sex, a running game is a great way to blow off steam. Included are game suggestions and rules.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Bible Tells
- Suggestions and instructions to help prepare leaders for the three Bible Tells and Panel Discussion on sex.
DVD 2: Orientation Meeting
- Legacy Point One: Define What it Means to Be a Man
- Legacy Point Two: Make the Right Connections
- Legacy Point Three: Make It a Great Retreat
CD: Retreat Guide, Materials, and Handouts
- Leadership Helps
- Orientation Meeting Handouts
- Promotional Materials